Tuesday, October 9, 2012

3 weeks in Palolem coming to an end

For a place I wasn't even planning to visit, Palolem has certainly been a very hard place to leave.  But tomorrow I check out of the delightful Seagull Hotel, say goodbye to the many friends I made here, and hop a couple of buses up to Arambol in North Goa.  I think I will be heading up with a group from here.  It all depends on if we manage to run into each other tonight and are able to make concrete plans.  I'm not going to stay up late again tonight, because tomorrow is now my last chance to watch sunrise here in Palolem and I don't want to miss that opportunity.

Until I have more time to write down full thoughts, here are the highlights from my stay in Palolem:

  • Ganesha festival - four nights straight of music and dancing in the street.
  • Dinner and drinks at Baba Little Italy with big group of new friends.
  • Jungle Juice - best drink ever!  Feni (Goan alcohol), pineapple juice, and lime juice.  Oh so so so good.
  • Frisbee on the beach.
  • Meeting three women on the beach selling jewelry and spending a delightful hour going through their stuff and trying on pretty things.  Invited for tea the next day at their house.
  • Hanging out with the owner of Ali Baba Jewelry and a bunch of his friends.  Drinking, smoking, and constantly having to whap whoever was closest and laughingly say ENGLISH! whenever they switched back to Kashmiri.
  • Late night bike ride to another beach and exploring under a full moon.
  • Playing cards and drinking with a group of Israeli guys at the bar.
  • Puppies!
  • Watching football at the bar with a great crowd.
  • Drinking with new friends last night and realizing that each of us came from a different country.  8 people, 8 countries, 5 continents.
  • Reached a new level with my meditation.  Need to think more about this and figure out what to do next.
So my current plan is Arambol til the 18th, then going to Mumbai for a week.  Then Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur.  10 days in Udaipur in mid-November.  Chance to rest up, relax, celebrate Diwali, and gear up for the camel fair.  9 days at Pushkar.  Then back to Delhi to finish out my trip, complete with a day trip to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal before I fly home.

I can still use help if I can get it.  Thank you so so much to everybody who has chipped in so far.  From small amounts to big amounts, it has allowed me to sleep comfortably, eat well, and stay healthy.  

1 comment:

  1. Where are you hiding? Everyone is getting worried.

    ReplyDelete