Friday, July 13, 2012

Hair in a foreign country

A big question has been looming since I decided to go to India... what the hell am I going to do with my hair? For most people this may not seem like a big deal, but I'm currently sporting violet/pink hair and since I have no job that cares what color my hair is I'd really like to keep the fun colors coming!

India is a pretty conservative place, though. And I expect that me just being me will attract enough attention as it is. So what do I do? The original plan was to dye my hair back to its natural dark brown right before i fly out of the States. Some of my friends tell me to just let it all loose and go as I am.

I love this hair color. It is just so very me. Along with all the other unnatural colors I've dyed my hair over the years! I love the brown, but unnatural is just more natural for me. And I like the idea of being me in a foreign country.

I guess one thing I could do is go as is, with the understanding that I can always change the color there if I find myself attracting too much unwanted attention. That is an idea...

Yet another thing to think about!

No comments:

Post a Comment