Saturday, April 14, 2012

New Toys

I've been trying to decide for months whether to get a Netbook or a tablet to take with me on my travels. Finally decided that while a Netbook would probably be more useful, I wouldn't use it when I was home like I would a tablet. So then the question became "what tablet do I get?" After a lot of back and forthing and a trip to Best Buy to physically handle several options, I settled on the iPad 2. The iPad because I wanted a top of the line tablet and I already own a macbook, an iPhone, and an iPod... I trust Apple products. I picked the 2 vs the new one because a) it's $100 cheaper and b) the extra features of the new one don't really matter to me.

I'm exploring this new toy. This will be my only solid connection to home once I take off on my grand adventures. I will be taking along neither my iPhone nor my laptop. So over the next few months I'll be figuring things out on it. I have already decided I am going to need a little fold up keyboard for it. With as much blogging as I do while I travel I think it'll be a good choice.

I'm also looking at the App store and seeing if they have an app that will make posting to the blog a little easier. Right now going online and going to the actual website is ok, but a little cumbersome. So if anyone has a recommendation I am all ears!

I've got a couple more entries in the works to post within the next few days. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment