Sunday, November 27, 2011

Starting to make plans

I know it's a long way away, but I am having so much fun perusing my guide books and the internet for ideas of where to go and what to see and do while in India.

I did decided to cut the trip down from 6 months to more like 4.5 months. For one thing, it means I'll have a little more wiggle room when it comes to money while I'm there. It also means I'll actually have money left over when I am done! I also decided to come back to Boston after my trip to India. I'll either sublet or see about couch surfing for a few months while I temp or do other odd jobs to earn some more money, then take off again to another corner of the globe after I've replenished the piggy bank.

But I am still following the same route I had in mind for India. A couple of months up North (try to get up into the mountains, where I can do more to beat the summer heat) before heading South.

Here are most of the places I have in mind to visit for my first couple of months.

Delhi
Agra
Jaipur
Ranthambhore National Park
Amritsar
McLeod Ganj
Ladakh and Leh
Hardiwar
Nainital
Valley of Flowers National Park

You can do a Wikitravel search on all of these places (except, apparently, Hardiwar... but regular wiki has plenty on that) to get a little idea about them.

Still don't really know about the second half of my trip. I *MAY* may may may get my best friend joining me for that part! FUCKING AWESOME is my response to this idea. :) I've got a few ideas, but nothing permanent yet. Once E has a better idea of she'll be able to join me or not I'll figure out how I am going to approach that half of my trip.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I would LOVE to travel to India! Your trip sounds amazing :D

    ReplyDelete