Saturday, October 22, 2011

Taking a day to do nothing at all

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I was going to go up to Otavalo for the big market today but when I woke up and started trying to move I was just in too much pain. So I called today a rest day and spent it hiding out in my dorm room, on the computer or listening to music and reading a book. I'm still going up on November 5, so it's not like I am missing the market entirely.

One of the other guests here is a nurse, and she is glad that I prescribed a few days of rest for myself. My plan is to go for a test walk tomorrow to see how I am feeling. I want to find a good warm sweater for myself before I head up to Cotopaxi on Tuesday. So tomorrow and Monday is going to just quietly explore the city a bit. Nothing too strenuous. I'll rest, and then on Tuesday I'll pick back up and start adventuring again.

I'm feeling rather homesick right now. It's just being so far from home and people I know when I am hurting. I'll be fine soon. Talked to my parents and to one of my best friends this morning.

Oh, I did do one very important thing today. Finally managed to confirm my reservation for the hostel in Canoa for 10/31-11/4. So that's good.

Ok. I'm tired, so I'm going to lay down and go to bed early tonight. Not even 9pm. *laughs* Tomorrow will be a better day. I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment